I have been meaning to post several times in the past week, but every time I sat down to do it I had to go do something else, so I just decided to do a recap on a bunch of different things…
1. I picked up my Kandora (Arab women dress- that I had made with my neighbor). I really like the way it turned out! Even if Chase said I looked like I was wearing a curtain… Also, on a side note, I wore it to go show my neighbors and even though it is made of cotton it is super hot! I don’t know how the women wear what they wear out here.
2. Our friends had us over the other morning for breakfast and we had pancakes & peanut butter! I actually had never cared for the combination until that day. I am not sure if it was because it was with peanut butter from the states (Peter Pan) or if it was because of the homemade pancakes she made, but it was good!
3. Peanut Butter cups! I found a recipe to make these from scratch. And to my surprise they turned out great and tasted like the real deal! Next time I hope to make them look prettier- not sure how to make the chocolate melt to where it smoothly pours- any suggestions?
4. Study break. Last month we stayed in our town (which is small) for an entire month. I sound spoiled, but I really needed a change of scenery so when it was time to do a Visa hop we headed down to Sohar. We had a great refreshing visit with friends and got to do a little studying at Costa Coffee!
5. This week we have had a break from school. And so we decided to head up to Dubai with some friends. We split a hotel room and had coupons for dinner to save money. It was one of the best trips we have had to this city. Normally when we go there we have been busy looking for our car, shopping, fighting traffic, and getting lost. We had a restful trip this time, despite me losing (or getting it stolen) by I-pod touch, forgetting to take my camera to the beach, and getting locked out of our house when we came home!
We are thankful for this week of rest & time with friends & excited to finish our semester of Arabic strong- only 6 more weeks of our first semester here- hard to believe how fast it is going.