can’t haven’t made room for new pictures, I have decided to catch up on some posts from this summer.
Besides driving about 5000 miles (and we didn’t even leave Texas or New Mexico), visiting friends & family, and eating lots of yummy food this summer, I threw a few parties. The first one was a bachelorette party for Aubrey! Brooke & I had a great time planning & baking for this party.
– bras hung from the mantel
– Black & Red napkins, plates, & silverware (Aub’s isn’t a pink girl so we decided to got with black & red)
– Black & Red tissue balls hung from the celling
– Delicious Slushy Strawberry punch: (thanks for the recipe Liz!) (I will put recipe at the bottom- a must try)
– Heart shaped cookies, made into lingerie cookies! Brooke found this idea- so cute! (my favorite part of the party)
– Cupcakes with cream-cheese frosting
– Strawberries & apples with chocolate and carmel sauce
We went to Savoy Bar & Grill for drinks and appetizers before returning to the house for dessert and lingerie! She got a ton of great stuff and we all had a great time! Still can’t believe my baby sister is married…
Slushy Punch Recipe
2 ½ cups white sugar
6 cups of water
2 (3 oz) packages strawberry flavored gelatin mix
1 (46 fl. Oz) can pineapple juice
2/3 cups lemon juice
1 quart orange juice
2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (sprite works too)
In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water & gelatin. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, & orange juice. Divide mixture in half, and freeze in 2 separate containers. When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl & stir in 1 bottle of lime-lime soda until slushy.