(warning there are lots of pics on this blog… couldn’t decide which ones to use!)
All she was interested in was eating that flower on her shirt 😉
“what I can remove this sticker… and put in my mouth?!”
Clothes: Lydia can still wear 3-6 month clothes, but fits really well in 6 month, 6-9 month is pretty big on her. She is still wearing size 2 diapers and has had a lot less blow-outs since starting solids… not sure if I ever wrote about it before, (sorry if this is TMI- I am sure someday I will want to remember this?!) but she was infamous for her blow-outs, she prob had one at least twice a week if not more for about 5 months of her life… lots.of.laundry. I love putting Lydia in just about anything.. she is so fun to dress up! It is hard right now because outside and in the car it is HOT, but in the home the A/Cs are on and so different clothing is needed for each location- love baby legs for this reason- easy to put on and take off! (and great for crawling babies- that will be info for next month thou…) Oh and she just about always has a bow in! My mom’s friends asked her if she sleeps in bows!- no, but she does have one in from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to sleep 🙂
Sleep: Praise Jesus this has been a much better month of sleep! She has gotten herself into a nice little routine- goes to bed between 8:30 – 9 pm and sleeps till about 6:30-7, back down at 8- 10:30/11 and then naps again for about an hour and a half in the afternoon. Now this is by no means everyday… this is just what I would call her “normal”, but really what is “normal” with an infant?! For example, she woke up at 3:30 am wanting to eat last night…? who knows?! And somedays she only takes a 45 minute nap in the afternoons… not a fan of those ones 😉 But overall she is doing much better with sleep and loving her own room/crib and so are momma & daddy!
Food: She is still nursing about 5-6 times a day and eating solids 1-2 times a day. I must say, exclusively breast feeding is much more convienent, there have been several nights where we have completely missed giving her solids because of our busy schedule and/or because I forgot! Luckily, she is still getting most of (if not all) what she needs from me right now. Most of the time we have been adding rice cereal or oatmeal to the veggies that she has been introduced to. I have been making my own, mostly because it is cheaper and we only have apples and bananas in our local grocery store. I by no means judge any mom that doesn’t make her own baby food… it can be time consuming and overwhelming. But once you get a routine going it’s not so bad.
On the menu this month has been:
- Green beans (didn’t love those… we will keep trying)
- Sweet Potatoes (loved these- of course!)
- Pumpkin (verdit is still out on this one)
- Avocado (she liked it by the 3rd try!)
- Carrots (yummmy, but messy messy)
- Cucumber sticks (she loves these!)
I have also given her pears and apples in the food catchers and she has really liked those, especially the pears. We add cinnamon to the oatmeal to add a little different flavor and probably because I love cinnamon so much, I want her to, too! 🙂 She eats much better for her dad.. not sure if he is just quicker, more fun, or what, but man she loves it when he feeds her.
On a side note, I have to resist wiping her hands and mouth after every bite… My cleanly nature/desire is
slowly being forced taken away from me… I am glad for it though, they are only this small for so long, I want to enjoy the mess and not fret about it 🙂
Travel: We have mostly stuck close to home this month again. Except for going to S0har a few times to find our new house. She is still a pretty good traveler, but just gets board easier and doesn’t sleep as much in her carseat.
Other cute stuff she had been up to:
* On May 5th Liddy started scooting on her belly!! She is on the move- it’s game time around our house, cuz we have a busy bee. (I guess that technically happened in her 8th month, but close enough)
* She went to the pool for the first time this month and loved it. She was so cute splashing around and trying to grab for her toys. We have about a month left of pool weather (only in the mornings & evenings since it is already reaching 108 degrees!!) so I am hoping we will get to take her several more times.
* She has been “walking” around in our kitchen in the walker. It is so cute to see/hear her moving around the kitchen while I cook.
* We love love her giggles and she is super tickle-ish, so we can get lots of sweet giggles out of her.
* She loves watching the Praise Baby videos, which is one of the only times she sits still (unless she is sleepy). (the pic above is her watching it…)
* We got her a jumper toy (got a great deal- was looking forever and could only find ones for $200 for the same kind we could have gotten in the states for $80!, but we got this one for $70!) She really likes it, but doesn’t like to stay in it for too long…
* She is a great
helper buddy to have around while I do laundry, clean, cook, & now pack! ha No, but really she does pretty good, I just have to keep one eye on her because she is a fast scooter and very curious. 🙂
* She still loves people and to be out and about. The other day when we went to go visit our new house, I was joking with our new neighbor that she could take Lydia home with her and I would come get her to feed her in an hour… I’m guessing that the joke didn’t translate in Arabic because she shut our gate and walked out! I looked at Chase and waited to hear cries, but nothing. I decided to follow her anyway and asked if I could join cuz I didn’t want to leave my baby girl. It worked out great because I got to meet all sorts of new neighbors! What a sweet door opener she is for us.
* Turns out Lydia loves puppies, which makes her daddy’s heart very happy. I just hope she doesn’t have allergies like her momma…
* I am not sure if it’s because I have had my camera in her face since day one of her life or what, but it just seems like she poses/smiles for the camera. Which of course, I love.
* I have been wanting to take pictures with Lydia in this adorable pink tutu since she was 6 months old and have never made it to the park where I wanted to take them, so I finally decided to just take them in our yard… the tricky part was at 6:45 pm (right before the sun went down) it was still 106 degrees outside!! So it was a quick photo shoot.
I wasn’t sure if she was going to do as well with how mobile she is these days, but I feel like she still did good!
* She loves to press her lips together and blow out when she is playing, after she wakes up, before she eats, just about whenever…
* When she gets excited about stuff she opens her mouth real wide and giggles.